Thursday 3 September 2009

TIFF 2009




So the rest of the summer has disappeared and it's once again time for TIFF! Year after year, it saves me from the end of summer doldrums and bridges the gap to the new TV season :-).


First of all, I have to say that the festival has recovered from the epic fail that was the Toronto Life main building box office location and management and my experiences at the box office this year have been great. I've visited the big white tent in Nathan Phillips Square three times and even the double lineup this morning to first pick up my tickets and then exchange vouchers for the choices I didn't get went very smoothly. And I was once again fairy lucky with my ordering, receiving 7 of the 10 films I selected and was able to pick up an 8th of my original requests this morning. I felt very sorry for a few people in the line around me who were in a few of the last boxes who had received about 40-50% of their requested tickets.


Following my usual process I narrowed down the film list last week and here's what I ended up with after having to do a bit of reorganizing this morning.



  1. An Education

  2. Passenger Side

  3. Bright Star

  4. Whip it!

  5. Precious

  6. An Afternoon with Chris Rock

  7. Leaves of Grass

  8. Youth in Revolt

  9. Life During Wartime

  10. Up in the Air

1 comment:

skripper said...

I admire your process - you are a star! looking forward to our films ensemble.