Thursday 4 September 2014

Here we go again...back for another year of TIFF

It’s September again, which means that the days are getting shorter, kids are back at school and the attention of the pop culture world shifts its gaze to Toronto for 10 days for the unofficial kickoff to Oscar season! 

And while I’ll pause to offer my usual complaint about the continued growth in the number of screenings classified as ‘Premium”  - seriously 9 of them this Saturday – I’m looking forward to getting started with screenings, Q&A’s and discussions with fellow movie lovers in line.  My movie schedule is a bit lighter this year with 14 screenings booked (something about starting a new job is taking up a lot of my time) and my selections fell solidly into what I'd call mainstream indie.  Here’s what is on deck over the next 10 days:

-          Clouds of Sils Maria
-          Nightcrawler
-          Do I Sound Gay
-          Mavericks Conversation with Jon Stewart (!)
-          The Last Five Years
-          This is Where I Leave You
-          Whiplash
-          Adult Beginners
-          Rosewater
-          Miss Julie
-          The Cobbler
-          Before We Go
-          The Riot Club
-          X+Y

We'll see which one steals my heart, the inevitable one that lulls me to sleep and how my selections end up matching up with the buzz coming out of the festival...


1 comment:

Tanja said...

Super excited to have your blog back. I'm going to re-iterate that once TIFF wraps up, I would really appreciate a fall TV review - what new shoes I should pick up.

I make you do it anyway, you might as well put it on your blog.