Monday 23 March 2009

End of Winter perfection

Wow. What a perfect weekend.

I took a last minute holiday on Friday and headed up to the cottage to get in on the last weekend of winter and sure am glad I did.

Two days of perfect sunny skies and hours spent outside on the lake doing some skating, playin' some hockey and curling a stone or two.

Three mornings of curling up with mom and the dog and enjoying a coffee and Baileys while watching deer scamper across the lake.

Three runs down the lake on the snowmobile with the wind rushing and the sun shining down. Not to mention the absolute delight on the faces of the kids getting a quick loop around the bay.

Great meals that I didn't have to prepare (thanks to the chefs!) with good wine and even better company.

Cooperdog running after a tennis ball on the lake and overshooting it every time never gets less entertaining.

Watching my mother win the poker game was almost, almost, as good as winning myself.

So long to the lake...see you in the summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you weren't answering your phone on Friday. :)