Thursday 14 February 2008

Beds...how much does size matter?

I've been debating on getting a murphy bed installed in my second bedroom for awhile. It's sort of turned into a giant storage room and I figured there's likely a better way to use the space. I'm sure an actual mattress is much more comfortable for guests to sleep on than the pull out couch. And then I can move my couch up to the cottage and replace the pull out there with one that's actually younger than I am. So, I finally had someone from Space Solutions come by today to give me a 'design consultation' and quote.

Here's my dilemma...apparently if I want to have some actual storage space built in with the bed (shelves and drawers and whatnot) I really need to go with a double bed instead of the queen that I was thinking about. Whatdya think? Is a double bed good enough for my guests??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bed size matters, but unless you're going to have houseguests that stay for longer than a couple of nights on a regular basis, I think a double is just fine. The storage is important, especially given how many clothes, shoes and DVDs you have! Hee hee :)

heather said...

Thanks Kate! And thank you for also reminding me that I'm probably long overdue for purge of 'stuff' needing storage ;-)

Anonymous said...

Being someone who has slept quite a few nights on the fold out couch let me add my two cents on the size matter... Double is fine, it will ensure that nobody over stays their welcome and will give you extra storage space. You can never have too much storage space.